Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Charities and the economy

I have had this post in a saved file because I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to say...

Today's economy is a struggle for most families. Many families are faced with jobloss, homeloss, and the thought of Christmas put one of my friends in a near panic attack. My comment of "Christmas isn't for Children" didn't seem to ease her pain.

With all that is going on with the economy, the charities are suffering as well. I tend to pick the charities I believe in, or that serve more than just one single cause. While contributing to Metorpolitan Ministries for Thanksgiving, it made me think of other charities I contribute to.

I love animals so they are always first, they cannot take care of themselves. I wonder if there is a charity for police dogs or working dogs.

It will be quite apparent to my usual gift receivers this year that Christmas is NOT about toys, and how much money I can spend. I have decided that I am going to spend all my Christmas money on one or two charities.

Now to find the charity that I believe in. That will be another post I am sure.

Posted by Jersey Girl 46 :: 5:23 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------